Future Arts Centres
Future Arts Centres (FAC) is an affiliation of nine founding partners that support a wider network of 100+ arts centres across the UK. Future Arts Centres was established in 2013 with the following objectives:
- to create a unifying leadership voice for a national partnership of arts centres and their unique artistic and social contribution to the cultural and civic life of towns and cities in England
- to advocate for sustained and increased investment in arts centres
- to ensure arts centres are part of ‘conversations’ about art form development and funding priorities
- to develop new, artistically driven, collaborative partnerships models
- to explore business collaborations that innovate and support sustainability.
FAC’s nine founding partners are: ARC Stockton; artsdepot; Brewery Arts Centre; Cambridge Junction; Lincoln Drill Hall; mac, Birmingham; Rich Mix; Stratford Circus; and The Albany. The wider FAC membership includes arts centres from across the UK, representing small, medium and large-scale centres from both urban and rural areas.
What makes your organisation unique?
Future Arts Centres is the only network of independent cultural centres in the UK.
- Gavin Barlow
- +44 2086924446 ext 211
Research, Distribution, Education and Training, International advocacy
Music, Theatre / Performance, Circus, Dance, Visual Arts, Multimedia and interactive Arts, Film, Crafts, Literature, Art residencies, Education, Community and Relational Arts, Democratic and civil society development, Entrepreneurship