Future Arts Centres
Future Arts Centres (FAC) is an affiliation of nine founding partners that support a wider network of 100+ arts centres across the UK. Future Arts Centres was established in 2013 with the following objectives:
- to create a unifying leadership voice for a national partnership of arts centres and their unique artistic and social contribution to the cultural and civic life of towns and cities in England
- to advocate for sustained and increased investment in arts centres
- to ensure arts centres are part of ‘conversations’ about art form development and funding priorities
- to develop new, artistically driven, collaborative partnerships models
- to explore business collaborations that innovate and support sustainability.
FAC’s nine founding partners are: ARC Stockton; artsdepot; Brewery Arts Centre; Cambridge Junction; Lincoln Drill Hall; mac, Birmingham; Rich Mix; Stratford Circus; and The Albany. The wider FAC membership includes arts centres from across the UK, representing small, medium and large-scale centres from both urban and rural areas.
What makes your organisation unique?
Future Arts Centres is the only network of independent cultural centres in the UK.
Research, Distribution, Education and Training, International advocacy
Music, Theatre / Performance, Circus, Dance, Visual Arts, Multimedia and interactive Arts, Film, Crafts, Literature, Art residencies, Education, Community and Relational Arts, Democratic and civil society development, Entrepreneurship