TEH Conference 83
May 25 – 28 2017 at member centre Rojc in Pula, Croatia.
The theme of the Conference is CULTURE AND SHARING COMMUNITIES
No community can exist without sharing. What are the role of cultural centres in communities? How can practices of sharing foster artistic production, and build a more democratic society? How can cultural centres develop a culture of sharing and what are their role in changing paradigms for living? How can cultural and community centres, as places of sharing and imagination, become cradles of social innovation and Communities of Practices?
During three days we will explore potentials of community development. What can happen if we start sharing what we have more openly and trustfully? What new collaborative practices can we share?
Topics like sharing of spaces, co-working, co-living, co-producing, co-governing and similar will be on the agenda.
The conference will be shaped in community. You are most welcome to contribute to the sessions.
A vivid artistic programme will be offered.
NOTE that the conference starts already at 10:00 on Thursday 25 May, with a full programme of content sessions, artistic and social activities running until Saturday evening. (Saturday afternoon TEH members will have their General Assembly, parallel to this activities are offered to non-members).
Sunday it will be possible to join a(n) excursion(s) to a destination close to Pula (details and price will be posted later).
The conference is open to anyone interested. If you are not a TEH member, subscribe to our newsletter (icon top right on this page) to receive info about the conference.
|PARTICIPATION FEES||Early Bird||From 3 April|
|TEH Members & Associates||110 €||140 €|
|Guests||135 €||165 €|
|Fees for West Balkan countries – Guests||55 €||55 €|
Fees include all sessions, artistic programme and 6 meals.
Sunday Outing is paid for separately.
REGISTRATION will open at the end of February.
HOW TO REACH PULA
a) Book your flight in advance and land in one of the following airports:
(Buy a bus ticket to Pula prior to travelling or at the bus station)
1. Airport Pula – connection to Pula by shuttle bus or taxi
2. Franjo Tuđman in Zagreb- use shuttle bus to reach main bus station and get a bus to Pula
3. Friuli Venezia Giulia Airport in Trieste – connection to Pula by bus from Trieste bus station (Črnja Tours; Brioni; Fils-Pula)
4. Marco Polo and/or Treviso Airport in Venice a) connection to Pula by bus from Mestre- Venezia bus station ( Brioni; Fils – Pula)
b) Get on a train to Trieste and then take a bus to Pula
*NOTE: there are no train connections to Pula
1 . A number of hotel rooms will be available at the Hotel Pula situated 100 metres from the beach. In the 1980’s Hotel Pula was the most important venue for the Yogoslavian punk and rock scene.
Hotel Pula, Sisplac ul. 31, 52100, Pula
– single room or double room, single use: 46 eur per night
– double room: 36 eur per night per person
Note: prices include breakfast, however additional tourist tax of 0.85 eur per day should be paid.
2 . Hotel Veli Jože, Bečka ul. 9, 52100, Pula
– single room or double room, single use: app. 43 eur per night
– double room: app. 63 eur per night
– triple room: app. 81 eur per night
Note: prices include tourist tax, guest insurance and breakfast
Booking info will be posted when the registration opens.
3. Free accommodation will be provided in Rojc in some of the available spaces that have floor mattresses. This offer is limited to 10 persons max. Note: bring your sleeping bag.
More info about the conference will be posted here.
We look forward to seeing you in Pula!
Irena Boljunčić Gracin
+385 91 7876 813
Trans Europe Halles
+45 2149 0411