Call for Hosts of the TEH Spring Conferences in May 2021/2022
Every single day we witness political, economic, technological and ecological changes on the planet, in our societies. What does it mean for cultural operators? How do they respond to it? How deeply this influences the way in which arts and culture are created, presented and experienced? Can professional practices as well as public and private policies ensure that diverse artistic voices reach potential audiences? How to adapt, to re-invent our role and position in the communities?
A TEH Spring Conference is a publicly accessible four-day event, open for cultural and creative professionals. It provides the opportunity to network, exchange knowledge, practices and experience.
A TEH conference is a high-quality event. It consists of several sessions of innovative formats with visionary keynote speakers and inspiring workshop leaders who stimulate creative thinking. It includes an artistic programme that reflects the work of the host centre and is a way for participants to discover the local scene.
We now open a call for hosts of the Trans Europe Halles conference TEH 91 and TEH 93.
Main features of the Conference
- A meeting point for cultural operators in Europe to reflect upon the most relevant issues appearing in society
- A place to discover innovative ideas, models and projects in the sector
- The opportunity for the participants to enhance their professional skills and to learn how to make their organisations more resilient
- The ultimate opportunity to develop members’ international network
- A rewarding experience for both the network and the local host centre
How is it organised
A TEH Spring Conference is a collaboration and co-creation between the TEH coordination office and an active and trustworthy member of the network. The concept and the program of the Conference reflect both local issues and global challenges.
The registration fee for the conference must be affordable for TEH members and associates.
The Executive Committee will select the host and propose its selection to the members at the General Assembly in Dresden on 19 May 2019.
How to become a host
If you want to host a TEH Spring Conference in May 2021 or 2022,
FILL IN THE FORM no later than 20 March 2019.
● To be an active member of the network (3 years minimum, with regular and active participation in meetings and conferences)
● To have the capacity and resources to organise an international four-day professional gathering for 200 to 300 participants. This includes:
- Accessible venue and premises
- Staff and volunteers
- Finances and funding opportunities
- Local, regional and national connections
- To propose an interesting thematic and accurate formats
The host of the conference must be prepared and equipped to finance the conference without relying on financial support from TEH.
EVERYONE WINS IN THE END
It’s important to remember that the benefits of the conference are shared equally between the host, the members and TEH:
● The host gets the opportunity to raise its international profile
● The members gain new knowledge through innovative speeches and workshops
● TEH maintains its reputation through the relevance of the programme and the quality of the organisation
Have a question left?
Don’t hesitate to contact Michel Quéré for more information.