Cultural Leadership Course: The Road to Resilience
Trans Europe Halles is launching a Leadership Course for Cultural Managers: The Road to Resilience. It will take place in a picturesque Italian village – Tolfa, on 24-28 June. The leadership course is open for members and non-members of TEH. Cultural professionals within the creative and cultural sector are welcome to register.
About the course
The cultural sector is vulnerable to current societal developments. It takes a lot of energy to deal with the rapid changes constantly happening around us. And if we take a look into the future, things will only go faster and get more complex. Simultaneously cultural leaders have to deal with the challenges of everyday office life, which we all know, is not that easy. All of this requires a lot of physical and emotional effort.
Our sector is filled with highly motivated and driven people who frequently go an extra mile and, unfortunately, often experience the dark side of passion. But we strongly believe that serving the greater good, in a non-profit environment becomes a lot easier when you know where you stand and which direction you want to go to. It takes conscious leadership skills to choose a path, follow it and include others in the journey, in a way that it benefits all.
Trans Europe Halles presents the Cultural Leadership Course: The Road to Resilience. It is for all European cultural professionals who want to work on their own personal resilience in order to strengthen their cultural leadership skills.
Who is this course for?
If you are a European cultural professional and any of the questions below resonate with you, then this course is for you.
- Do you feel like you are giving more than receiving, you are looking for more balance in your life?
- Do you feel like you are capable of so much more, but you don’t know where or how to start?
- Are you overwhelmed and exhausted by what’s expected of you in life and what’s happening in the world?
- Do you want to be more resilient to situations of stress, paradoxes and tensions between people and organisations?
- Do you feel like you are on the verge of a burn-out and you want to prevent this from happening?
- Are you interested in becoming a more resilient leader?
During our four-day Cultural Leadership Course, we will work on personal and professional levels.
- Personal level:
Reconnect with the leader within. How do you lead yourself, are you still connected to your values and do you live by them? What sparks you and where do you want to go in life? What worries you and when do you feel strong? Questions like these will be dealt with in the personal work elements of the programme.
- Professional level:
How do you interact with your team, what do you see in the behaviour of others, and what does this say about you? What is your take on leadership? How can you lead and at the same time support the people you work with? How can you boost the dynamics of a team when there’s no energy left? Are you able to speak up to others when you feel your boundaries are crossed? Different activities will be organised to work on your role as a leader within your organisation.
- Personal and energetic work will be lead by Anja Wolters.
- Leadership in the cultural sector part of the programme will be lead by Sue Kay.
- Burn-out and emotional intelligence work will be lead by Emma Du Pree.
- Date: 24-28 June
- Location: Cappuccini, Tolfa, Italy
- Capacity: 25 participants
- Registration will be opened in April.
- Members: 500,-
- Non-members: 700,-
- Members from the Balkans and Eastern Partnership: 300,-
The price of the leadership course includes
- Single bedroom
- All food and beverages
- Wine tasting
- Travel from the airport.
DISCLAIMER: We are closely following the developments regarding the coronavirus. We will flexibly react to changing situations. But for now, we stay positive.