Fourth Social Inclusion Lab (SOIL) Workshop
The 4th Social Inclusion Lab took place in Mardin-Turkey on 24-25th February
ABOUT “SOIL” PROJECT
- Her Yerde Sanat Derneği (Sirkhane); a social circus in Mardin that was founded in 2012 to provide safe, friendly and embracing environment for refugee and under-privileged children
- Izolyatsia; a non-profit non-governmental platform for contemporary culture in Ukraine.
- Trans Europe Halles.
The project aims at Reducing Inequalities, Empowering European Cultural Centers to Improve their work with Social Inclusion & Contributing to relevant Sustainable Development Goals.
SOIL lab is composed of 2 parts; a closed workshop for the project partners and an open workshop for the Turkish arts and cultural sector, the civil society organisations and artists from under-represented groups.
The goals of the Fourth Lab that took place on Feb 24-25th
- Provide a theoretical background on social inclusion
- Sustainable development goals (SDGs) for Cultural organisations and Civil society
- Facilitate a discussion between artists and organisations to explore the main challenges faced by organizations and artists working on issues of inclusion and sustainability.
- Artists belonging to one of the vulnerable groups such as; persons with disabilities, persons belonging to an ethnic minority or LGBTQ community.
- Organisations looking to be more inclusive and sustainable
- Policy makers responsible for developing cultural policies and plans
- Public sector representatives working with vulnerable groups
- Cultural organisations in general
Her Yerde Sanat Derneği (Sirkhane)
Published on February 24, 2022