Call for Hosts of TEH Camp Meeting in 2021
The Camp Meetings are a place, mainly for TEH members and associates, to reflect on and discuss the most relevant issues appearing in our societies, to present their projects and look for partners, to learn and discover new practices.
The TEH Camp Meetings are:
- Open to members and associates of TEH and to the hosting centre’s local and regional colleagues and officials
- An opportunity for more collaborators, staff and volunteers from member centres to participate in TEH Meetings
- The content is co-organised and co-created by TEH members
- A place for peers of the network to reflect and discuss, to share and discover best practices from fellow organisations and to start cooperation for future international projects
- An agora to discuss and to decide on the future development of the network
- The opportunity for the participants to enhance their professional skills, and ability to work interculturally, and ultimately, help them to build more resilient cultural organisations that can respond to global challenges
- The ultimate opportunity to develop your international networks.
- A rewarding opportunity for both the network and the local host centre:
- It challenges the relevance and accuracy of the network by engaging its members into a broader reflection.
- It raises the local and regional profile of the host centre by bringing visibility and attention it acknowledges legitimacy and professionalism.
TEH Camp Meeting is a collaboration and co-creation between TEH coordination office and an active and trustworthy member of the network. The concept and the program of the Camp Meeting reflect both local-regional issues and TEH member challenges.
The registration fee for the Camp Meeting must be affordable for TEH members and associates.
It is a publicly accessible four-day event, open for cultural and creative professionals, mainly from TEH network, but also from the hosts’ local, regional and national colleagues. It provides the opportunity to network, exchange knowledge, practices and experience.
A TEH Camp Meeting consists of several sessions initiated by TEH-member centres. The sessions stimulate peer-to-peer learning and focus on hands-on activities and sharing. The Camp Meeting includes an ‘action lab’ or ‘market space’ in which TEH-members and associates can pitch ideas, share projects and create international collaborations.
It includes an artistic programme that reflects the work of the host centre and is a way for participants to discover the local scene. The Camp Meeting includes a party and a EuroBar.
We now reopen a call for the host of the Trans Europe Halles Camp Meeting TEH 92
The Executive Committee will select the host and propose its selection to the members at the General Assembly in Ebeltoft 6 June 2020.
Please fill in the Google form here no later than 20 April 2020.
- To be an active member of the network (minimum of 2 years membership of TEH, with regular and active participation in meetings and conferences)
- To have the capacity and resources to organise an international four-day professional gathering between 100 to 175 participants. This includes:
- Accessible venue and premises
- Staff and volunteers
- Finances and funding opportunities
- Local, regional and national connections
- To propose an interesting thematic and accurate formats
The host of the camp meeting must be prepared and equipped to finance the camp meeting without relying on financial support from TEH.
It’s important to remember that the benefits of the camp meeting are shared equally between the host, the members and TEH:
- The host gets the opportunity to raise its international profile
- The members gain new knowledge through innovative speeches and workshops
- TEH maintains its reputation through the relevance of the programme and the quality of the organisation
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information at email@example.com.