We are looking for a finance manager – CALL CLOSED
Trans Europe Halles is looking for a Finance Manager to join our international team in Lund, Sweden. The Finance Manager will take the lead in the accounting, administration and reporting of the EU-funded project “Cultural and Creative Spaces and Cities”, a project that was recently granted to Trans Europe Halles by EAC. The Finance Manager will closely collaborate with the project manager and the communication’s manager of the granted project, and with the Trans Europe Halles team members.
Trans Europe Halles
Trans Europe Halles (TEH) (www.teh.net) is a Europe based network of independent cultural centres initiated by citizens and artists with 102 members and associates in 33 countries.
TEH has been at the forefront of repurposing Europe’s industrial buildings for arts, culture and activism since 1983. Our mission is to strengthen the sustainable development of non-governmental cultural centers and encourage new initiatives by connecting, supporting and promoting them.
We facilitate international cooperation and provide opportunities for learning and sharing. To achieve this, we organise two international meetings every year, coordinate international projects, run professional development trainings, support members in times of troubles and actively influence cultural policies.
For TEH, the power of culture is in inspirational, transformative experiences that have the capacity to change people, perceptions and societies. Recently, TEH was awarded the execution of the European project ‘Cultural and Creative Spaces and Cities’. For this, we are now looking for a Finance Manager.
The role of the Finance Manager is to:
• Take the lead in the accounting, administration and reporting of the EU-funded project “Cultural and Creative Spaces and Cities”.
• Work closely together with the project manager and 11 partners within Europe and assure the smooth process of the projects’ finances.
• Provide support to the Finance and Administration Manager from the financial and administrative perspective of projects involving Trans Europe Halles and its overall organisational activity.
• Be responsible for the implementation of reporting procedures already in place and the production of the relevant documentation.
• Collaborate with the Finance and Administration Manager in the continuous improvement of internal policies and systems, with a specific focus on finance and administration.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
– Contributing to the management and improvement of the financial and administrative system in place at Trans Europe Halles, with an eye for the specific needs and features of the organisation.
– Control of income, cash flow and expenditure of the project ‘Cultural and Creative Spaces and Cities’ in relation to budgets.
– Invoicing, cost accounting, payment of bills.
– Production of financial reports.
– Continuously testing and suggesting improvements for organisational procedures. - Purchasing and monitoring the inventory of office supplies.
General office management:
– Contributing to strategic analysis and planning together with the rest of the team.
– Organising and supervising office maintenance and services.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
• At least 3 years’ professional experience as finance and administration manager.
• Experience in financial reporting to public funders, including especially the European Commission (Culture Programme, preferably).
• Familiarity with Sweden’s statutory legislation and financial regulations, with particular reference to not-for-profit organisations (ideella organisationer).
• Experience in working with international projects and in an international team and environment.
• Good command of English on a professional level, with Swedish strongly preferred.
• Work experience in cultural and social non-profits highly preferred.
Submit your application via e-mail to email@example.com, including:
1) Your CV;
2) Motivation letter (max. 1 page) describing how your experiences relate to what is required of the position.
Deadline for applications: 17 August 2018 at midnight.
Skype interviews: 23 and 24 August.
On-site interviews are expected to take place between September 10th and 14th.
For inquiries, contact: Giorgio Berardi at firstname.lastname@example.org