Savie asbl NGO LGBTQ Drc
Place of hope
Savie Asbl NGO LGBT PGEL is a group of rural LGBTIQ internally displaced (IDP) & LGBTQ refugees and street sex workers. The organisation is in Bukavu town in South-Kivu region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- To accelerate reproductive health rights of sexual minority groups and to demand equal social and economic inclusion for LGBTIQ people locally, by leveraging the collective advocacy campaings and empowering businesses to support inclusion of LGBTQ groups in local community.
- To support the intergration of LGBTQ refugees and migrants
- Reduce discrimination in the workplace against LGBTIQ people locally
- Increase the number of workplaces locals that are LGBTIQ inclusive
- Raise awareness among public policy makers in Democratic Republic of Congo and globally of the economic benefit of LGBTIQ.
What makes the organisation unique?
They work on the regional level, assist LGBTIQ communities.
What TEH projects are you part of?
Creative Hubs Hub, Artistic Residencies, TEH Advocacy Hub.
- Kashindi shabani Gady
Art Gallery, Meeting Room, Workshop room, Library, Co-working Space, Arts / Creative / Business / Social Incubator, Multi-purpose Space
Research, Exhibition and Programming, Education and Training, National advocacy
Visual Arts, Multimedia and interactive Arts, Crafts, Design, Education, Community and Relational Arts, Democratic and civil society development, Gastronomy, Entrepreneurship
Culture and Entertainment Building