The Social Inclusion Lab
The Social Inclusion Lab (SOIL) is a project that aims to reduce inequalities in the cultural field, by empowering European cultural centres and providing them with necessary know-how to improve their work with social inclusion and contribute to relevant Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The project consists of five co-design & co-development workshops for two cultural centres in Turkey and Ukraine. The workshops will be facilitated by Trans Europe Halles with intention to build a comprehensive model for social inclusion in the centres. The project will build the centres’ capacity, develop a clear and simplified process, and offer tools and a shared knowledge base, using a participatory approach.
Some of the workshops will engage vulnerable groups, local art communities and Civil Society Organisations in both countries and raise awareness about social inclusion and relevant SDGs.
For this project, Trans Europe Halles has partnered with two cultural centres from Ukraine and Turkey:
- Her Yerde Sanat (HYSD) is an organisation with an outreach of 500,000 refugee children and youth on the Syrian and Iraqi borders of Turkey, working with social circus and arts. HYSD works with hundreds of artists and volunteers (refugees and locals). HYSD’s main area of expertise is social inclusion and child protection.
- IZOLYATSIA is a platform for cultural initiatives. It is a multidisciplinary cultural project open to all genres of creative expression. It is a point of intersection for all those who are passionate about cultural and social change. IZOLYATSIA’s mission is to inspire positive change in Ukraine by using culture as an instrument.
What will happen in the project?
- Five two-day workshops, facilitated by TEH in Ukraine & Turkey for partner’s audience. Some of these workshops will also be open to the staff of the centres and external participants including artists belonging to a vulnerable group, & participants from the local art community & CSOs.
- Activities include a study visit and artistic interventions by artists belonging to a vulnerable group.
- Social Inclusion Workshop in Kyiv on 29 June, 2021 – Past event
- Second Social Inclusion Workshop in Mardin, Turkey on 16-17 August, 2021 – Past event
- Third Social Inclusion Workshop in Kyiv, 12-13 November – Past event
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the project, please contact Fairooz Tamimi at email@example.com.
This project is supported by Swedish Institute (SI).