Traineeship in Finance and Administration
Employer: Trans Europe Halles (an international NGO based in Lund).
When: January-February 2020, with the possibility of temporary employment/ “vikariat” between March 2020 – February 2021 after the traineeship.
Full/part-time: part-time or full-time (based on the availability of the trainee).
Education: a completed bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, or similar (we also accept students in their last year of study).
Experience: none required
Remuneration: financial support for monthly public transport commute
- Thorough understanding of business economics
- Sound understanding of bookkeeping procedures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good mathematical skills
- Ability to grasp and apply complex sets of rules and regulations
- Ability to work independently
- Very good knowledge of English is a must (English is our working language)
- Knowledge of Swedish is an asset
Tasks and description of the position
The trainee will primarily assist the Finance Manager with the following tasks:
- Project reporting for European Union-funded projects (Creative Europe and H2020) and projects funded by Swedish public authorities (Local, regional and national)
- Reading, correcting and advising international project partners on their finance reports for a large EU-funded project
- Upkeep and development of the organisation’s cash-flow monitoring system
- Daily administrative and finance-related tasks
- Support in the continuous improvement of internal policies and systems of TEH, with a specific focus on finance and administration
- Drafting of contracts for service providers
- Day-to-day accounting tasks
- Documentation of meeting and project procedures
Throughout the traineeship, the trainee will have the opportunity to learn about financial management for EU-funded projects, as well as projects funded by Swedish authorities, including the project application process, budgeting, financial monitoring and reporting. There is also ample opportunity to learn about organisational administration, bookkeeping and financial management of a cultural and international non-profit organisation in Sweden overall. Beyond these learning milestones, TEH is very open to finding out what the trainee is most interested in and willing to tailor the traineeship to the individual candidate.
After the traineeship, there is a possibility of temporary employment for one year within the Finance and Administration department of TEH.
Trans Europe Halles (TEH) is a Europe-based network of independent cultural centres initiated by citizens and artists with 127 members and associates in 36 countries.
TEH has been at the forefront of repurposing Europe’s industrial buildings for arts, culture and activism since 1983. Our mission is to facilitate the sustainable development of civil-society initiated cultural and creative organisations based in repurposed spaces, by connecting and supporting them. We facilitate international cooperation and provide opportunities for learning and sharing. To achieve this, we organise two international meetings every year, coordinate international projects, run a professional Capacity Building Programme, support members in times of troubles and actively influence cultural policies.
If you would like to apply for the traineeship, please send us your CV and a letter of motivation by 1 December, 18:00 (Swedish time) at email@example.com. For any questions related to the traineeship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.