We are hiring a Capacity Building Manager
Trans Europe Halles is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Capacity-Building Manager to join our international team in Lund, Sweden. The Capacity-Building Manager (CBM) fulfils a core function within TEH and identifies the needs and priorities of members for building their capacities through education and training programmes and through projects whilst documenting and evaluating the processes. She/he will be closely connected with TEH’s purpose and has a pivot function within the team and membership. She/he will closely collaborate with the other team members, especially with the Community and Communications Manager, Finance and Administrative Manager and the Managing Director. The CBM develops very good collaborations with all Trans Europe Halles members and with all the project partners in Europe. Submit your application today and join us in Lund, starting as soon as possible until 31 August 2020 (extension for 1 more year possible).
TRANS EUROPE HALLESTrans Europe Halles (TEH) is a Europe-based network of independent cultural centres initiated by citizens and artists with 118 members and associates in 34 countries. TEH has been at the forefront of repurposing Europe’s industrial buildings for arts, culture and activism since 1983. Our mission is to facilitate the sustainable development of civil-society initiated cultural and creative organisations based in repurposed spaces, by connecting and supporting them. We facilitate international cooperation and provide opportunities for learning and sharing. To achieve this, we organise two international meetings every year, coordinate international projects, run a professional Capacity Building Programme, support members in times of troubles and actively influence cultural policies. For TEH, the power of culture is in inspirational, transformative experiences that have the capacity to change people, perceptions and societies. TEH is one of 28 European cultural networks and we are looking for a Capacity-Building Manager in order to strengthen the cultural sector and to increase the resilience of cultural operators.
- The role of the Capacity-Building Manager CBM) is to co-design, develop and implement the Capacity-Building Programme of the project “Factories of Imagination” (2017-2021), including the following sub-programmes: Business Model Development; Organisational Development; Leadership for Cultural Change-Makers; Start-up Cultural Centres Support; Organisation of our yearly conference; Organisation of our yearly camp meeting.
- To listen carefully and profoundly to our members’ needs for Capacity-Building, Conferences and Camp Meetings, and translate those into (strategic) actions serving the mission and vision of TEH.
- To be responsible for the implementation of the project, including the reporting procedures already in place and the production of the relevant documentation.
- To work closely together with the Community and Communications Manager and with the Finance and Administration Manager to achieve all outputs.
- To develop partnerships and work closely with all project partners and – beyond those – within Europe, and assure the smooth process and progress of the project.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the content and delivery of the programme activities meet the organisation’s quality standards and that they contribute to the long-term development strategy of Trans Europe Halles.
- Co-design the Capacity-Building Programme, Conferences and Camp Meetings with the TEH team (Managing Director, Community Manager, Communications Officer and other project managers), and TEH members concerning content, formats, target groups, delivery channels, and the selection of trainers, consultants and participants.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the work of the external consultants involved in the Capacity-Building sub-programmes.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the content of the Camp Meetings and Conferences with TEH member centres.
- Promote strategic partnerships to develop the programme(s), including TEH members and associates, European Capitals of Culture, universities and colleges and other relevant cultural actors.
- Document all the activities related to the programme, collect data and information and produce content to be used in online publications throughout the whole project and develop/research methodologies and tools coming out of the Capacity Building Programme.
- Work in collaboration with our community and communications manager to brand and market the different programmes, events, training courses, etc.
- Monitor the costs of the programme in collaboration with our financial and administration manager.
- Initiate proposals and apply for funding for the sub-projects of the Capacity-Building Programme.
- Write activity reports to funders and stakeholders.
- Coordinate the Capacity Building evaluation.
- Write a mid-term Capacity Building project plan together with the Managing Director.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in designing and managing educational programmes and projects.
- Experience as project manager of complex international projects, ideally of EU-funded programmes.
- Good knowledge of e-learning technologies, systems, methods and tools.
- Budgeting, monitoring costs and reporting (both financial and technical).
- Strategic thinking.
- Proactive and hands-on.
- Ability both to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Listening, connecting, pro-activity and production.
- Communication and facilitation.
- Language skills: the more, the better. Professional working proficiency in English is a must. Other European languages, including Swedish, are an asset.
ACCOUNTABILITYThe Capacity Building Manager reports to the Managing Director of Trans Europe Halles.
EMPLOYMENT DETAILSEmployer: Trans Europe Halles (NGO). Contract: contract at 100% until 31st August 2020. 3 months trial period. Contract extension subject to funding and performance with one more year until August 2021. Location: TEH Coordination Office, situated in Lund, Sweden. Gross monthly salary: 29.000 SEK. Employment starts: as soon as possible from 15 October 2019 (our Timisoara Campmeeting is on 16 – 20 October) until August 2020.
APPLICATION PROCEDURESubmit your application via e-mail to email@example.com, including: Your CV. A motivation letter (max. 1 page) describing how your experiences relate to what is required of the position. Deadline for applications: 28 August 2019 at midnight. Skype interviews: 4th and 9th September. On-site interviews are expected to take place between 17 and 20 September 2019. For inquiries, contact Mieke Renders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published on July 16, 2019