We are looking for a senior International Project Manager
Trans Europe Halles (TEH) is looking for a senior international project manager to lead TEH’s sustainability projects and initiatives. This is a maternity cover position.
Basic Job Details
- Contract: This is a full-time (40 hours a week) employment position for 10 months as maternity cover
- Work Location: Based in Lund – Sweden, with flexibility of 50% remote work
- Contract Start date: Aug 7, 2023
- Contract End date: Aug 31 , 2024
- Gross Monthly Salary : 31,250 SEK
- Reports to: Director of Strategic Development
About the position
Sustainable Buildings and environmental sustainability are among the top priorities of Trans Europe Halles. As a network of cultural centers, we strive to promote sustainability practices within the cultural sector in Europe.
Currently, TEH is leading a Creative Europe project that aims at building the capacity of our members to address the sustainable future of their buildings. In addition, TEH is heavily engaged in European initiatives for sustainability such as the New European Bauhaus (NEB), as well as in internal initiatives within our network such as TEH Sustainable Buildings Hub, which is a cluster of TEH members networking and collaborating in projects related to sustainability and sustainable buildings.
Our network has just announced a strategic partnership with EIT Culture and Creativity for the development of a Green Fund for cultural and heritage buildings to undertake green transition projects.
This position will play a crucial part in implementing sustainable strategies, managing projects, and driving positive change. It requires a person with passion for sustainability, renewable energies, culture, architecture and urbanism. The selected professional will lead our sustainability projects and initiate/support sustainability initiatives across our network. This position is a maternity Cover.
About Trans Europe Halles
Trans Europe Halles is a pan-European network with more than 160 members in 40 European countries and beyond. We have been at the forefront of repurposing abandoned buildings for arts, culture and community uses since 1983. TEH members are multidisciplinary spaces that combine artistic and social activities, as they believe that arts and culture have the power to transform people, spaces and societies. TEH’s communication language is English.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s in a field relevant to cultural management, project management or international cooperation. Architecture, urbanism or engineering majors with relevant EU funding experience may also be considered
- Interest in, or practical knowledge of the EU New Green Deal, the New European Bauhaus Initiative, sustainable architecture and environmental sustainability topics related to heritage buildings in particular
- Have demonstrated track record leading teams and managing medium to large scale international projects from programmes such as Creative Europe and Horizon Europe
- Have experience preparing and reallocating budgets, as well as tracking project costs to meet budgets
- Be a team player and highly skilled at facilitating group processes and managing complex partner and stakeholder relationships
- Be a self-starting and highly motivated individual with exceptional adaptability to unexpected situations.
In addition, the successful candidate is expected to:
- Have the capacity to focus on priorities, organise work, meet deadlines, take full responsibility for their work
- Master project management and digital collaboration tools
- Have full professional proficiency in English. Other languages, such as
- Spanish, French or Italian, will be an asset
- Public speaking experience
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the development/implementation of projects’ plans and the successful delivery of the assigned projects: within project’s scope, on time, on budget and according to the agreed quality standards
- Manage projects’ stakeholders and facilitate cooperation among projects’ partners
- Collaborate with TEH financial department, as well as with the financial managers of projects’ partners to keep track of the projects’ finances
- Develop and deliver technical and financial reports to projects’ funders
- Design and implement public events and workshops within the framework of the assigned projects, with internal or external stakeholders.
In addition, the selected candidate will be expected to:
- Coordinate the activities and co-produce events/workshops with the members of TEH’s Sustainable Buildings Hub
- Write grant applications for sustainability related topics
- Represent Trans Europe Halles in public events
- Become familiar with various sustainability projects led by TEH members and support them.
Additional requirements: The successful candidate should
- Have the right to work in Sweden
- Live in/be willing to relocate to Lund, Sweden
- Be able to travel frequently for work-related activities
- Be able to work in TEH office in Lund-Sweden at least 50% of their time, according to TEH’s remote work policy.
If you fulfill the requirements and you are interested in this job, please send a brief cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 July 2023.
IMPORTANT: APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE ABOVE CRITERIAS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW.
Trans Europe Halles is an equal opportunity employer that values all knowledge and cultures. We strongly encourage qualified candidates from under-represented groups; candidates from diverse backgrounds, across all abilities, sexual orientations, faiths and age groups to apply for this job.
We welcome, value and examine all applications and we would like to thank you for your interest in TEH. However, due to a high number of applications, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider that your application has not been selected if you haven’t heard from us by July 31.